Tuesday, 7 October 2014

DIY - Facial Scrub!

Hey buddies!
Hope you all had great holidays. Mine went a bad. We thought of spending our Eid vacation with my Sister in law and family in Fujairah but my son got totally uncomfortable with new location, place and weather that we had to return back home on Eid day itself. But anyway, guess we have to make little adjustments to keep the baby comfortable and that is all I was concerned about.
So into today's post, in my AM & PM cleanser post I talked about the homemade scrub I use on Mondays and Thursdays. So here I am to share with you the recipe!
Method
  • Powdered Oats - 1 teaspoon
  • Rice Flour - 1 teaspoon
  • Semolina (Not the roasted one) - 1 teaspoon
  • Milk - as required.
I mix all the dry ingredients and store it in an airtight container.
When ready to use, I take a teaspoon of milk and add enough powder to make a smooth runny paste. It should be a little runny as shown.
Then I apply to the face in patting motion and leave it on for 2-3 minutes.
I don't leave it longer as it dries very fast. After 2-3 minutes, I wet my face slightly and massage in circular motion for one minute. I take care to be gentle, I am not polishing a furniture! Also I do not scrub on pimples - it will be painful, it can burst and become infected. I do not miss the area around my nose, where blackheads seem to make their village! After that I rinse and pat dry. If your skin is very sensitive, you might need only once a week scrub but do check with your dermatologist first. I have heard some sensitive skinned people are advised never to use scrubs.
 Oats help moisturize and calm skin in face. It also helps to reduce itchiness associated with everything from dandruff to chicken pox. Oats contains chemicals known as saponins that are characterized by their intense cleansing properties. 
Semolina is an excellent scrub as it removes the dead cells, dirt and oil from your skin and gives you a glowing skin. When used wet, it becomes a soft tiny ball. Thus, it forms a naturally soft scrubber for the skin.
Rice Flour acts as a gentle skin toner and polishing exfoliant that will reduce scars & wrinkles. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that soothes sunburns and promotes skin repair thus, brightening the skin. It is used in many beauty masks as a skin polisher, brightener and exfoliator.
Milk is an excellent facial cleanser. you can just use it alone as a morning cleanser. Milk baths have been around for centuries. It hydrates and replenishes the skin, leaving it glowing and radiant. Milk contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that gently sloughs away dead skin cells and also promotes cell renewal.
I have seen very good difference in my skin with the consistent use of this scrub. It helps to remove and prevent blackheads. It also gave my skin a polished and glowy look. I use it first thing in the morning on Mon and Thurs. Other days I use my DIY Morning Cleanser. My sister who has normal to dry skin also has seen very good results in her skin from using this.
I hope you would benefit from this scrub too. Give it a try and let me know how it feels.
Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice and simple! Will give it a try once I get my hands on rice flour! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know the opinion of an expert! Do lemme know how you liked it :)

      Delete

Do drop in your comments as I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Be sure to check back, I make every effort to reply to your comments :)