Saturday, 19 July 2014

Half Year Favorites - 2014!

It’s been a really long time I have done my monthly favorites – around 4 months to be exact. We have finished half of 2014 already (how did that even happen??), so I thought of doing a half year favorites and recap this time. Being a new working mother, I am still learning to settle into this new life. Days move so fast now that I can’t believe my son is already completing his 3rd month of life! Alhamdulilah!!
So let’s get to my favorites so far this year without anymore delay! This is gonna be a big list but I did tell you it was half year favorites didn’t I??
Beauty Favorites
  • IsaDora Perfect Moisture Lipstick in 167 - Rio Fever
I have been going crazy with orange color lately and bought this lippy from Isadora. This is my first purchase from this brand. I was originally going to buy one from Maybelline but the saleslady there made me fall for this one. The color is well-pigmented and has a semi-matte finish which I love. It’s not very longlasting though (but I don’t really mind that). It costs me AED 85/- from Boots in Al Wahda Mall.
  • Clarins Everlasting Compact Foundation
My all-time favorite compact. It gives amazing coverage so I don’t need any foundation under this. And the biggest Pro is NO TOUCH UPs required!!

Hair and Skincare Favorite
  • Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion
I bought this during my pregnancy period. It is a really rich moisturizing lotion with yummy smell of cocoa butter. Though it didn’t really help me with preventing stretch marks, it does help make the skin soft and supple.
  • Almond Oil
I have been using this as an after shower hair oil. It doesn’t smell and makes my hair soft.
  • Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Overnight Treatment
Another product to make my hair manageable. It does not actually repair your hair, it just coats your hair and makes them manageable. Once washed, your hair returns to normal.
  • The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
This has greatly helped keep my dandruff at bay without drying out my hair.
Fashion Favorites
  • Aldo Smodlt Satchel
A gift from my hubby on my birthday! I really wanted this bag but was curbing my urge as we were budget tight with all new born requirements. But my sweet hubby got it for my birthday, I never expected this!
  • Tops from Carrefour
These tops make my life easy with a baby when we go outing. I find it easier for feeding and cool in the summer here.
Mommy Favorites
  • Medela Breast Pump
This is a must for mothers who wish to continue to feed their babies breastmilk and go for job as well. It has also helped increase my breast milk too. This is an electrical pump and I think this is way more easier than the painful and time consuming manual ones.

  • Post-delivery Belly Band
Belly Bands helps shrink your uterus and stomach as well as reduces back pain during the initial months of delivery. But do not completely rely on this to reduce your stomach, you need to work out too. I have one from the brand ‘Jasper’ found in Pharmacies here.
  • Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are well known to help increase breast milk. In my country ladies are made to drink a beverage made from fenugreek seeds, coconut milk and jaggery to help milk supply.
Food Favorites
  • ‘Cake and Shake’ from Coldstone
This thing comes straight from the heaven. It is so rich, creamy and delicious! But mind you, this only once in a while indulgence!
  • Dulce Le Leche Ice Cream from Baskin Robbins
I never knew what dulce le leche was, and for those like me – it translates to milk of candy, its made by simmering milk and sugar until it thickens and reduces to the 6th of the milk used. Yeah, I know it sounds tempting and truly this ice cream was a melt in the mouth.

YouTube Favorites

Let me first talk about my new finds on YouTube!


I was certainly living under the rock to not have found her before. I just love her videos. One can relate to most of the things she does. I just love her honest yet humorous way to approach each topic.


Gorgeous MUA and such a sweet personality. You will love her!

A new mom like me. I just love watching her videos because it kind of assures me on many things I feel wrong about post-delivery are completely normal. It helped me so much mentally during my initial stages on delivery.
Now on to my favorite YouTube videos
  •  Aishwarya Rai at Cannes makeup by Kaushal Beauty
  • Face mapping by Asian Beauty Secrets
 
  • Egg Salad by Cook with April
  • Lipstick for Indian Skin by Raji
  •  What ‘Frozen’ does to parents
  • DIY Cleansing Wipes by Pretty Frugal Living

Blog Favorites






Song Favorites

  • Oru Mezuthiri from Vishudhan


Movie Favorites



So those were my favorites till now. Hope you enjoyed reading these. Have a wonderful time!
Bubye!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey!.. I love this post!. It's so sweet your hubby bought that satchel for you. Love the dresses from Carrefour. Very vibrant. Thanks for mentioning me. The face masks post was awesome and so was your other favorites too!. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..I am glad you liked my favorites! :) <3 Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Abi... This sure is a long post.. I'm sorry to have not commented before.. Just did not get time with Eva.. Thanks a lot for mentioning me.. And now I'm gonna sit and watch those videos you mentioned...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he...yup it was long...pheww...
      That's ok, if I can't understand your situation now I would be an idiot!! ;)
      Thank you for your comments Dear! :))

      Delete

Do drop in your comments as I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Be sure to check back, I make every effort to reply to your comments :)