Thursday, 31 October 2013

August, September & October Recap!

Hi everyone!
It's time I did a whole recap for the months I missed!
August and September seemed very long for me. It felt like it would never end.

The first 2 weeks of August were really good. I and my hubby gave our friends a small wedding anniversary party. I was so glad my friends turned up and some of them even bought me real nice gifts. I am still a child when it comes to receiving gifts, I just couldn’t wait to open them up and jump around with joy!
 
Naznin Azeez (Click to surf her blog) nominated me for The Super Sweet Blogger Award. It was a very happy day for me. She has always been an encouragement and support throughout my blogging experience. Read all about the award here.
 For Ramadan my family stuck to the resolution of healthy eating. Except of 3 or 4 days of fried foods, we mostly had fruits, salads, soups and healthy dinner to break our fasts. We could really make out the difference it made to our bodies and mind as well. So, the last day of Ramadan we thought we would cheat and indulged in some fried foods ;)
For dinner I made an Indian version of Italian Sunday Sauce. I got the recipe from Laura In The Kitchen (click to watch the video). Though it took me 5 complete hours to prepare it, everyone loved it. So, it was worth the effort. You should try it too.
This is how it looked in the end. Ofcorse I Indianized it a bit and avoided the wine part. Watch the video below to know how to prepare it.
 It was after Eid-ul-Fitr I came to know that I am expecting. That day was a really happy one. You can read all about it in my post here.
After this the following days until October were really loooong, tiring and filled with many kinds of sicknesses. I mostly remember wanting to go to bed or run to the loo all the time. I did not go for much outing because of this. Going for work itself was a big accomplishment. To worsen things one of my colleagues was on leave and I was jammed down with so much load of work for the first time in my life. It was a confusing and scary experience. I just did not want to mess things up. I don’t remember sitting peaceful for one minute. Coming home and in the weekends all I wanted to do was sleep sleep and sleep!!
Both Eid, I and my sister were busy filling our hands with henna. 
I also bought two beauty items during my Eid-ul-Fitr Shopping.
  1. Maybelline Colossal Kajal
  2. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Fatal Red
We got 4 days leave during Eid-ul-Fitr (in August). That day we went to Dubai Mall with family and friends and just lazily roamed about. The only thing we bought there were this Chilli Mango candy from Candilicious. I really enjoyed walking around the store filled top to bottom with candies!
Chilli Mango Candy
 Next day we went for watching movie, Chennai Express. I loved it to the core. I know some people have negative reviews on the story being not very new and sensible. But I found it better than extra marital affairs, adult content and dirty jokes type of movies. It was one movie were you don’t have to be tensed about feeling embarrassed watching with family. I wish more movies come this way; it gives you a good laugh and a treat to your eyes with the beautiful sceneries.
We also went out with our college friends to the beach and that day was so much fun. So much that I forgot to click any pictures of that day.

For Eid-ul-Adha (October) we got long holidays but didn’t go much outing because of my tiredness and all. We just had dinner from out and came back home.

I did my first online shopping from souq.com :) :) :) Will talk about it in detail in another post!
Elemis Dry Body Brush
And so that’s it folks. I know it’s not much, but I had other exciting things going on in my life, so getting used to them did take time and effort.

Hope you all had a great time!
Until next time, Bubye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do drop in your comments as I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Be sure to check back, I make every effort to reply to your comments :)