Friday, 12 July 2013

Peppery Boiled Egg Fry

For my first post in Cook & Bake, I thought I'd tell you about a recipe my mother taught me. This dish was prepared mostly in our house during Ramadan. Its salty, buttery and spicy. I love this to the core and hope you love it too. But let me warn you, this is a rich snack. So relish this in moderation. ;)

Serves according to how many eggs you'd eat ;) ;)

YOU NEED:
Hard Boiled Eggs  -  6 eggs
Salt  -  1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder  -  1/4 teaspoon
Chilli Powder  -  1/4 teaspoon
Pepper Powder  -  1/4 teaspoon
Corriander Powder  -  1/4 teaspoon
Cumin Powder  -  1/4 teaspoon
Ghee / Clarified Butter  -  1 tablespoon
Note:- I added paprika one day when I made these and it was delicious! You can innovate too :)

AND NOW FOR THE MAGIC: 
1. Make small vertical slits on the eggs.
2. Rub salt, turmeric, chiili, pepper, corriander and cumin powder on to the eggs.
    Make sure to get these into the slits as well.
3. Heat ghee / clarified butter in a wok on medium fire.  Add in the eggs and stir fry them until the sides turn lightly brown.
5. Get a serving dish ready. Scoop the fried eggs on to the dish and garnish.
Peppery Boiled Egg Fries are ready to be served!!! :) :) :)
Some of you might be familiar with this dish and may even have different variations to this recipe.
I'd love to know, do share them in the comment box below.

Until next time, Bubye :)

8 comments:

  1. Looks very simple, easy and nice!. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup!! Simple and really delicious! Tell me how you like it after trying :)

      Delete
  2. This is really nice one..
    I made this at home and everyone liked.!
    Expecting more from you..All the very best Abidha Ayoob :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hasi...Welcome to my blog!!! I am soo happy to hear you tried this and everybody liked it!! Thank you so much Dear!! Your encouragement means a lot to me :) :) In Sha Allah will be doing more!!

      Delete
  3. this looks simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) :) Do give it a try and let me know how you like it :)

      Delete
  4. I think I'm going to make this for my kids when I'm at home next week in shaa Allaah. I'm sure they are going to love this too..... Thanks Abidha for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :) I'm sure they will love it!

      Delete

Do drop in your comments as I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Be sure to check back, I make every effort to reply to your comments :)